This guidance for departments covers the integrated assurance toolkit that the Major Projects Authority (MPA), now part of the Infrastructure and Projects Authority, uses.
The toolkit consists of a set of documents published between 2011 and 2016 providing guidance on specific stages of the assurance process including:
- Treasury approvals process for programmes and projects.
- OGC Gateway Review forms.
- Guide to planning integrated assurance and approvals.
- Guide to choosing which MPA assurance review.
- Risk potential assessment form.
- Project Assessment Review guidance.
A useful overview of the lifespan of a major project on the Government Major Projects Portfolio is available here.